WildRealm Economy Update and More...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by IExcalibur, May 8, 2017.

1. IExcalibur

IExcalibur Moderator
    Staff Member

Economy Update!

As we all know i have been playing around with the economy in WildRealm over the past week or two and some significant changes have been made to the shop both in prices and aesthetic.

One of the big changes that was made was exactly what you could sell and the prices that you can sell these items for. Right now these are assigned to 4 category's; Farming, Smithing, Fireworks and Brewing. There is also a new feature called 'In Demand' this is something that we came up with whilst thinking about how to influence players to change up what they do on a day to day basis to earn more money - more on this further down...

upload_2017-5-8_23-13-48.png

The new update was made to influence players to work for their money, rather than being able to sell raw resources (like what was possible prior to this update), people are forced to craft items and are rewarded for the time they spend doing so. As an example of this farming is a low tier sale shop, the money you get per item is quite low, however you can easily mass produce and automate the farming process so if effort is put in in the short term, lots of money can be made in the long run. This is the opposite when it comes to the smithing sell shop, you need to spend a lot of time looking for the raw minerals to make the items to sell however you can then sell these items for much, much more than you can farmed items.

On the flip side, we have increased the money it costs to buy some rare items and decreased the price of common items. A prime example of this is the vast increase in the price of diamonds and Emeralds. Using block data from a randomly generated 1.11.2 world I was able to calculate the rarity of each individual item and used this information to calculate how much it would be worth compared to other items.

See some images of the shops below...

upload_2017-5-8_23-14-2.png

upload_2017-5-8_23-14-16.png

upload_2017-5-8_23-14-27.png

I am aware that this update does have mixed views, for this reason i have left this thread open for comments. Let me know what you think, are there any changes that you would like to see? I will not be adding any raw items to the sell store, however say if you wanted to be able to sell cobblestone, i might add a structure store with the ability to sell Stone Bricks or say you wanted to sell wood logs, im sure i could create a wood shop that requires some effort to make money in, all i'd need to do is find a place to put it in the menu, its getting a tad cramped now...

If you do decide to post to this announcement please be constructive with your comments, this update was made to make the game a bit more fun, structured and prevent you from owning everything in the first week of playing and getting bored. It was also made to influence trade in /pshop and see a rise in towns and citys that work together to make money.

Anyway, next up is 'In Demand'

upload_2017-5-8_23-14-42.png

Now this is a feature that i will have to maintain myself, this is not handled by the plugin, it is all manual so it will require a lot of thought to maintain. The general idea of this is that every day (at around 18:00 GMT) an item will be placed in demand, meaning that in the In Demand shop the sell price could be increased by up to 500%, this will only last one day before the item changes so make the most of it and be ready to pounce when the deal drops.

As well as all of the changes we have made to the store we have added two new items to the token shop to further increase your profits in each market. these are the 1.25x and 1.5x price modifiers. They do exactly what they say, they will increase the sell prices of all items by 25% and 50%. So items that sell for $10 would now sell for $12.50 or $15 respectively once the item is bought.

Speef Now In!

Now as well as the changes that I have been working on in WildRealm i'm sure some of you have noticed an addition to our Minigames. Spleef is now in, we have added 3 gamemodes spread across 3 maps, these are shown below...

Bow Spleef (WoodenTNT)
    upload_2017-5-8_23-15-6.png

Spleef (Icy)
    upload_2017-5-8_23-15-31.png

Anvil Spleef (Anvil)

upload_2017-5-8_23-15-45.png

Spleef can be accessed from the hub at the 'Mega Spleef' NPC, We hope to add more maps in the future. Once again thanks for all of your support so far, it has been truly overwhelming how many of you have joined our community in the past few weeks and we are always looking for new ideas to give you a better playing experience.

-IExcalibur and Niknaiz

IKnow, Panda, Null and 1 other person like this.
  2. IExcalibur

IExcalibur Moderator
    Staff Member

I've noticed that people are unable to reply to this post, if you would like to give some suggestions i will copy this post across to the Suggestions thread and you will be able to reply there...

Thanks,

IExcalibur

LittleDinosaur, Null and IKnow like this.