Suggestion for reporting

Discussion in 'Suggest a Feature' started by Hexag (HKHenry), May 11, 2017.

1. Hexag (HKHenry)

Hexag (HKHenry) New Member

I think there should be gifts to the player who report the hackers etc.

E.g. magical items, token, $

2. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

We'll consider this.

3. Null

Null Active Member

I don't agree with this suggestion.
    If you report it's because you want to help the server improve, therefore, some reward for doing so it's not needed, at least not in my oppinion.

Panda likes this.
  4. Panda

Panda New Member

I with Null on this one, maybe just like 100$ if someone reported gets punished. Reporting is something you do for the greater cause, not for a reward.

5. IKnow

IKnow Member

I actually think it's not a bad idea. I came across quite a few players who refused to report just because there was no reward. Now this can either be because their previous servers offered rewards or they don't like having to go through all that extra effort.

6. Classpath

Classpath Member

Regardless of whether it's a good idea or not. If there is some form of "reward" for reporting an offense, half the reports would just be trying to frame each other. Also taking into consideration that the number of false reports would practically double.

From what I've seen most players have openly admitted that other players hack. They haven't reported them because they are teamed up or friends.

7. Raze

Raze New Member

Report rewards would only serve to further the infestation, what with people getting on cracked alts hacking just to report them on their main for rewards.

8. IExcalibur

IExcalibur Moderator
    Staff Member

This is true however players who falsely report other players due to hate for them or just because they want attention on the forums or to look good to the staff in hope of becoming staff themselves could have the punishment they sought for the other player turned on themselves. This can be seen in the reporting players document (which only 49 people have read by the way) found in the report players sub forum. I have placed a snippet of this document below...

"Please note that if you report a player falsely or with the hope of getting them banned we could turn the punishment on you. Falsely reporting someone that you don,t like or someone that has done nothing wrong is both unfair and unethical. If you would like to help the server, please only report players who have actually broken the rules."

So this is just a simple reminder that false reports will be investigated and if it is found that it was not an accident or misunderstanding the violate will be punished themselves.

As for the idea of rewarding players for reporting rule breakers i do think it could have both good sides and bad sides, but im sure we will figure out a way to encourage reporting within the community.