Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Retartie, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Retartie

Retartie New Member

In Game Name:

RETARTIE

In Game Rank:

Player

Timezone:

GMT+2

Do you have Skype?

Yes, i Retartie i

Twitter Account:

@Retartie

What times are you active?

Well i can be online like everyday if that's needed, my schedule max contains 7 hours, so i got a lot of free time to go on the server.

What languages do you speak?

First language: Danish
    Secondary language: English

How long have you been playing minecraft?

Since the start of Minecraft.

Have you ever been banned or temp banned?

only once bc i bugged and lagged so much the console said i was flying. ((it's 5 years ago))

Do you have any previous moderation experience? If so explain:

Yes, i've been mod and admin on 4 servers before but i stopped bc i needed a break from minecraft.

From the time in the field, i've been helping with some suggestions with plugins for safety and some development with game modes and modifications, it's a period of 2-3 years.

Which server are you most active on?

Skyblock

How many hours do you play per day?

On average 5-6 hours, but else it's between 1 and 11 (with weekends)

How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat?

It depends on the different situations, Well i would try to explain the situation for this younger player in the best way as possible so they don't complain more.
    if this complaining were caused by another player i would listen to both sides of the story, and try to get a hold of the problem in a safe way, so both players are good with it afterwards also if one or both are younger players.
    if a player swears too much i'll give them a warning.
    if a complaining was meant like a joke or something like that, i would take Consideration if the player who got complained, and hear the person if it was ok or not ok for him/her.

Are you able to record your screen?

i am - i got the recording program called Bandicam but i allso got OBS studio.
    I got the bought vertion of Bandicam.

How many times have you applied before?

Once

When did you last apply?

never

Why should you be staff here at MC256?

Well, there's a lot of reasons i want to be here.
    At first i see a lot of potential in this server, and i would like to join the team of builders and mabye as admin, bc i personally think i could give some ideas and opinions to make the server even better.
    I'm a person who don't take everything too seriously, i can do jokes and puns too and that don't take hard on me. I'm a creative person, with tons of ideas for builds and game modes and small games, so i think i could give some ideas you can use for the server. I have some admin experiance from some other servers and i could use that here for the better. Im forward of my age, and i'm really serious when it comes to hacking and bad language of any kind. I want a server, to be a place were everyone who wants, really can just have fun, and get a good time, insted of other who ruin the opportunity for thoes who want's it. I do think, i can help a lot of new players with tips, and ideas to skyblock, and i just want to make this fantastic server, even more fantastic to play on. If any players even need or wants i would help with any kind of advice, from how you buy a rank to the smallest thing of how you crafy any kind of thing and how anything works. I know i've only been playing in here for what? 2 moths? but this is that puplic server i've been on the most!

Since i joined the forums on the website i've been in there so much jusr reading and checking out what everyone posts. i even follow you on twitter i and think you allready regoniced me hehe, and im even thinking of making a youtube series with tips for the server on how to do the different things, because i think it could be great in some way for everyone who needs advice or tips. and im allready doing so many videos and livestreams from this server and its only getting bigger in numbers :)

How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking?

I would start asking the player why he/she even started using Plus+ programs to get stuff easily when it's more fun when you do it yourself, And take the situation from there and try to explain to them why we don't appreciate them using these kind of plus+ programs.

What i mean about Plus+ is programs like X-ray, Cheat Engine and applications like that.

And by telling them it's not ok bc they're not playing fair in the game and they are cheating with getting materials that they should work for.

It's unfair advantage, and can make the game not fun to others and make them stay away from the server and we don't want that.
    A server is to be with others and not using these programs.
    If it's a new player, who cheats to some kind of money or stuff (like skyblock vote crates or other) they will be warned and get the items removed instantly.
    If this player ignores this warning and keeps doing the cheats and getting stuff - they get a short period of ban from the server - if the player comes back and still does it, its permit ban from the server.
    If it's a person who been here a Long time, and do the cheating is straight out for a shortly ban, bc the player should have known better, and if he/she still does it its permit ban.
    If anyone tries to hack or disable the server in any kind of way, it can happen they should get a permit IP ban.

Anything else we should know?
    I'm a loyal and respectful person, who respect others and always thinks positive.
    I just love to play Minecraft bc its like my way to express who i am in what i build and its my place where i can relax from the everyday stress with my studies in college.
    The only things i do besides MC is, animating (lerning progress), Making snimated MC pichures, Drawing whatever im thinking about, Doing Youtube wiith some friends and im out hanging with my Irl friends too :):):)

#1 Retartie, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    N1KN41Z likes this.
  2. Classpath

Classpath Member

Hello Retartie,

Please read this carefully.

Can you please clarify what this is.

Please fix, grammar, punctuation and spelling. I suggest copy pasting this into a Microsoft word document and using spell check, there's many errors.

IExcalibur likes this.
  3. Retartie

Retartie New Member

Its been updated.

4. 1K2C3M

1K2C3M Member

I would add more detail into this application besides that it's good! :D

5. Retartie

Retartie New Member

Which kind of detail? ^^

6. Null

Null Active Member

All questions are regarding MC256 (Except for the ones you are asked about other servers)
    Please read all the important information and guidelines, I'm sure that's not how you want to handle such situation.
    Again, read the information provided an application is a serious thing.

Important links:
    https://mc256.net/mc/community/information/
    https://mc256.net/mc/threads/how-to-catch-a-hacker.52/
    https://mc256.net/mc/threads/staff-application-guide.53/

As class said, please fix grammar, punctuation and spelling.

#6 Null, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  7. Retartie

Retartie New Member

Thx for the feed back..

I'm very sorry for my spelling.
    Its a personal thing why its like that and too with the grammar.

And i've read thoes links twice to be sure how your going with the server, hackers, rules, admin stuff and so on.

i'm serious about being here for a admin, but as the application asked for is if you should know something and i just said im kinda crazy in a good way so you knew something about me, and if you want to know me more i can give you a list of servers and things ive done and tell you about me and who i am, and what i do.

And as the application said what would I do in that kind of situation - but i could handle it other ways if you mods, admins and the owner wants it done in some other ways.

8. Null

Null Active Member

Well, since english isn't my main language I understand. I would suggest you to use grammarly or any other program that checks and corrects any mistakes.
    Good luck with your application.

Retartie likes this.
  9. Jeroen

Jeroen Member

7 and a half years playing minecraft? Didnt the official release came in 2011

10. fireknight275

fireknight275 New Member

That is true 7.5 years would put you at 2010, before the release.

11. Jeroen

Jeroen Member

12. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

Extend your application and make it comply with the administrative guidelines posted by @IExcalibur.

Retartie likes this.
  13. Retartie

Retartie New Member

Heey N1KN41Z

Which kind of expansion do you refer to?
    More about me?
    What i would do in those situations?

i would appreciate if you told me what in speceffic :)

14. Null

Null Active Member

Just add more information regarding our policies, you choose what to add.

15. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

When your application is updated, let me know. I'd like to see you express yourself as @1K2C3M did in his application.

16. Retartie

Retartie New Member

Ok Thx for the headsup! :)

17. Retartie

Retartie New Member

@N1KN41Z Now i've updated it with some more information and expression as you asked for :)

18. Null

Null Active Member