Staff Application from Stinu~

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Stinu, May 14, 2017.

1. Stinu

Stinu New Member

In Game Name: My IGN in the server has been Stinu, ever since I joined.

Age: The current age I'm in right now is 16, and about to turn 17 in July~

In Game Rank: So far, i'm a normal rank, the "PLAYER"

Timezone:UTC-05:00,Eastern Time~

Do you have Skype? At the moment? No, I used to have one, but forgot the password for it, sorry ^^;

Twitter Account: I never had a twitter account, I have a facebook one though!

What times are you active? Usually, i'm on Minecraft whenever I have the time to get on, mostly after I leave school if none of my siblings are on the computer.

What languages do you speak? So far, I know Spanish and English,I'm trying to learn Japanese because I want to move to Japan in the near future.

How long have you been playing Minecraft? I was playing Minecraft ever since 1.7.2, before all of these new materials and mobs came into play.

Have you ever been banned or temp banned? No, Throughout my times in Minecraft, i'm usually the one that knows many people, with a positive attitude and no bad behavior, I know what happens if one was to go mean in a server filled with many people, Bans.

Do you have any previous moderation experience? If so explain: No, to be honest, I want to try out being a moderator in this server since this ended up becoming a server that I truly admire~

Which server are you most active on? There are two servers I'm mostly active on in the MC256 network, that's Skyblock and Wild Realm.Soon to be is going to be Bedwars!

How many hours do you play per day? I try playing throughout the whole day, but with the showers, eating, school, and practice, I really have around 2-4 hours of gaming, unless it's a Saturday and Sunday, that's when I play from the time I wake up, to the time I have to go to sleep.

How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat? First, I would ask the individual to calm down, after he/she does so, I would ask "What's the problem".But if the certain person does not calm down and instead, decides to be rude in any way, I would give him/her the first warning.Then, If he/she decides to harass other players due to their complaints, that's when I have to be a bit strict and give a second warning or Mute.Finally, I would be happy if he/she decides to calm down (Which in this case, many do at the second warning, seen it in school A LOT), while if some don't calm down, I will have to result in it being a Temporary ban of 1 day.Which I would never like to do, but if things result in that, it'll have to happen.

Are you able to record your screen? Sadly, no, I don't have any software that can record someone, sorry.

How many times have you applied before? 0 times so far, this is the first time I'm applying to become a moderator.

When did you last apply? After this application, it'll be my recent apply.

Why should you be staff here at MC256? First, the reason as to why I want to apply to become a staff is because I want to help out the server grow in a state of happiness and safety, I don't ever want this server to shut down due to negative results or something similar to it.Second, I would like to help the people in need when it comes to reportings and viewings of someone else cheating in any way.Finally, seeing others happy will end up making me happy, knowing that I was there to help them in a time of need.

How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking? The first thing I'll end up doing is giving that user a warning and tell them to stop using those cheats/hacks.If the user denies the suggestion, It'll have to end up becoming a temporary ban up to a day or two, depending on the situation.If that user decides to come in the next day or so and continue to hacks or cheat, the ban will end up increasing in either days, weeks, or months.Finally, when the situation becomes serious, the temporary ban will end up becoming a permanent ban, due to him/her violating the rules of the server.

Anything else we should know? Yes! I'm a caring and lovable person when it comes to helping one in need and such, putting a smile on someones face will end up making my day more of a brighter one.Especially in places where one is struggling with friend making and such.

#1 Stinu, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

Need broader application.

Make sure everything complies with the policy.

Stinu likes this.
  3. Stinu

Stinu New Member

A broader application?..like the original post or something else?

N1KN41Z likes this.
  4. Null

Null Active Member

It means that you need a longer application, make sure it complies with our policies found here: https://mc256.net/mc/community/information/
    Good luck.

Stinu and N1KN41Z like this.
  5. Stinu

Stinu New Member

Ohh..alright then,thank you!~

6. Stinu

Stinu New Member

I have finished editing the Application,I tried answering all questions with the best of my abilities and complete honesty!
    (I ended up increasing the length of the answers to the following questions:
    "How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat?"
    "Why should you be staff here at MC256?"
    "How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking?"
    and a bit of
    "Anything else we should know?")

7. Classpath

Classpath Member

Your effort is valid but your grammar is a lacking in a few places. Please proof read.

Stinu likes this.
  8. IKnow

IKnow Member

Hi, Stinu.
    I suggest you use a spell check program to improve your grammar.
    I personally use Grammarly.
    Good luck with your application.

Stinu likes this.
  9. 1K2C3M

1K2C3M Member

Please go through your application and look for grammar mistakes!

Stinu likes this.
  10. Stinu

Stinu New Member

Alright,I've looked everywhere in case I made a grammar mistake and check over a few things,hopefully I meet all of what you guys suggested!~

11. IExcalibur

IExcalibur Moderator
    Staff Member