SlyTheSilverCat's staff application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Sly, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sly

Sly New Member

In Game Name: (If changed recently give previous IGN alongside new one)

SlyTheSilverCat
    You can view my recent names at https://namemc.com/profile/SlyTheSilverCat/

12 (I know i'm way under the age but I have been informed that if your application is exceptional you can be accepted under the limit, im not sure if my app is exceptional, that is up to staff members to decide.)

In Game Rank: (This will be determined at a later date)

Player

Timezone:

UTC

Do you have Skype?

Yes, I have and frequently use and check skype, I cannot voice call however as I am not allowed.

Twitter Account: (If available)

SlyTheSilverCat, However I dont use it very much.

What times are you active?

I can be active from around 4pm UTC to 9pm UTC on school days, and from 11AM UTC to 10PM UTC on weekends

What languages do you speak?

English, I am learning french but I am terrible at it.

How long have you been playing minecraft?

Since 2011

Have you ever been banned or temp banned? (on any server)

My account itself has been banned, but however it was not me using the account at the time as I let one of my relatives use the accounts and they hacked on a server, I can not remember the name of this server.

Do you have any previous moderation experience? If so explain:

I have had many moderation and even upper staff positions before, I currently own my own server and also co own a server, I will not mention them here as that is considered advertising, I have had many helper / moderator positions on small servers before aswell, I cannot remember most of these as they normally shut down within a week, the most recent moderation position I had which was not upper staff was on a small minigame network called ClijCraft, I was mod twice, I started my first time as mod in October of 2016 and resigned in November of 2016, I then reapplied on December 5th 2016 and finally resigned on January 21st 2017 (I know I said I dont want to advertise but I did advertise my most significant position as of yet.

Which server are you most active on?

I am currently most active on the wild realm.

How many hours do you play per day?

At the moment I play about 1 - 2 hours at a time, and maybe 3 - 4 in a whole day if i'm not busy.

How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat?

I would first ask them what their problem was, if it was a problem with another player I would ask what that player was doing, and then decide if the player that the younger user has a problem with needs a punishment, if they are breaking rules themselves however I will also give them the correct punishment aswell, If they however were asking for help on how to do things on the server I would willingly help them out.

Are you able to record your screen?

Yes, I recently got a new Windows PC that should be able to take simple recording, and I am pretty sure that if I needed too I could install a recording software on my old linux laptop.

How many times have you applied before?

Never, this is the first time I have applied for MC256.

When did you last apply?

Never.

Why should you be staff here at MC256?

There are many reasons why I personally think you should hire me as staff on MC256, I will list them here.

Summary -

I personally think I should be staff on MC256 because I am a kind and hardworking person, I will always be as kind as I possibly can to players in game and on the forums, and I always work my hardest so that I can make a positive contribution to the server itself, I am trustworthy and would never abuse any powers or commands that I was given, as I know that if I do this I will be demoted / banned and also it may distress other staff members as it could ruin their hard work, I have experience with being staff on minecraft servers and I am a prefect in real life, I am also normally a mature person who sometimes likes to have a joke around but can be serious when needs be. I am also helpful and will assist all players as much as possible, I am also aware of all of the server rules and punishments.

There are many staff hunters on servers nowadays, I gurantee you that I am not one of them, I love MC256 and just want to help contribute to its staff team and make it even more amazing and have an even more positive environment than it already does. If I get staff I will make sure that I am active, mature, kind, helpful, trustworthy and a loyal staff member to the server, I would love to help make this server a better place than it already is.

In this little section down here I break up everything I just said into little mini categories, you dont have to read this part if you dont want, but feel free to.

Trustworthy -

I am an extremely trustworthy member, in all my experiences of being staff I have never abused powers, I know that this is wrong and would get me demoted and maybe even banned, and it may in some cases annoy other staff members of the server, as it could reverse hard work that they have done, these are the main reasons why I never abuse powers, and I assure you that if I become staff on MC256 I will not abuse my powers.

Helpful -

I always try my complete hardest to help others who need help. If any player on the forums or the server itself approaches me to ask for help I will help them to the best of my ability, of course, I am not perfect and cannot solve everything, but I would try my hardest and try to refer them to someone else who can help them with their issue if I cannot solve it by myself.

Hard Working -

I always wish to do the best as I can on a staff team, so I always work my hardest, I try to assist any player I can, be as active as possible and in general just work hard, I never expect to get a promotion from working hard. I just want to make a positive contribution to the server that I am staff on.

Kind -

In game and on forums I am as kind as I possibly can be to other players / users, I will always Welcome new users and Welcome back other players who have rejoined / were afk, I know this isnt a reason to accept me but I just wanted to add this in here anyway.

Experience -

I have alot of experience in being staff members on minecraft servers, as I mentioned in the previous moderation experience section, I am also a Prefect at my school, this shows that I am a mature person.

Maturity -

I am normally a mature person, of course, I can joke around and have a laugh, but when I need to be I will be serious, If i was to give myself a maturity ranking out of 10 I would personally rate myself 8.

How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking?

If I saw a user hacking I would first see if I had the correct permissions to punish them properly, I would also record them hacking to provide evidence for their punishment. However, if I did not have permission to punish them I would inform a member of staff who does immediatly, and show them the evidence that I would have recorded.

Anything else we should know?

Sorry if I may have repeated a few things here and then, and I hope that you will still consider me even though I am under the age limit.

I do not mind if I am accepted what staff rank I get, As I would prefer to be gave the staff rank that you think best suits me rather than ask for that rank.

Thanks for reading this and I hope that you have a great day!

1K2C3M likes this.
  2. 1K2C3M

1K2C3M Member

Wow this is a very good application!!!!
    I love the amount of detail!
    But maybe be more active I don't see you very often?
    But still good application!
    +1

3. Tyler

Tyler New Member

I think you used however to much

4. BossE

BossE New Member

That's what I thought too. I guess it's because he used it 2 times in a sentence. But in total he only used it 7 times. So I suppose it isn't too bad.

5. Tyler

Tyler New Member

HOWEVER great application HAHHAAH

BossE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.