Panda applying for duty once again

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Panda, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panda

Panda New Member

In Game Name: Panda

In Game Rank: Beta

Timezone: UTC +1

Do you have Skype? Yes.

Twitter Account: @AntisocialP

What times are you active? It's weird cause I have school in shifts and fridays are always opposite shift than the rest of the week. I can further explain it if necesary.

What languages do you speak? Croatian and English.

How long have you been playing minecraft? Since 1.2.5

Have you ever been banned or temp banned? Yes, some for spamming and some for hacking, but those were all pre 1.4., haven't hacked or spammed since then because I realised it's pointless.

Do you have any previous moderation experience? If so explain:
    I have been a mod on some servers before, was a helper on DNT, I'm also a mod on a twitch channel.

Which server are you most active on? Wild Realm mostly.

How many hours do you play per day? 1-8, depending on the day.

How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat? I would ask what is the problem and try to help, if I can't help I'd ask another staff member to help him. In case of him complaining by spamming I would use the proper 3 strike system actions.
    Strike one: I would give him three warnings and if he keeps spamming (if he can not see my warnings cause he is excessively spamming, kick with the message "Do not spam") mute globally for 1 day
    Strike two: I would give another warning, if the user continues spamming ban for a week.
    Strike three: I would another single warning, if the user is still spamming ban for a month.

Are you able to record your screen? Yes.

How many times have you applied before? Once and I was accepted.

When did you last apply? Mar 3rd, 2017.

Why should you be staff here at MC256? I want to be staff on mc256 because I do my best to enforce rules anyway, as a regular player and being staff would only help in that and I think I'm a very helpful person to everyone who wants my help.

How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking? If I found a user is definitely hacking or cheating, depending what it is, I would use the 3 strike system to appropriately punish the user.
    In case of hacking as in using client modifications that give him an advantage, first strike would lead directly into a 1 month ban, the second strike being a 3 month ban and if the user is still hacking ban for 6 months.
    In case of cheating as in using exploits regardless what kind of exploit it is (Server-sided or minecraft exploits) I would ask if he is going to report it, if he says no I will give him 3 warnings to stop exploiting and to report it, if he doesn't he would recieve a 3 week ban, that being the first strike. Second strike would be a single warning and another 3 week ban. And last but certainly not least the third strike would be another single warning and a 3 month ban.

Anything else we should know? Nothing I can think of right now.

#1 Panda, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Chitu and Null like this.
  2. LittleDinosaur

Hey Panda :D Good luck :)

Panda likes this.
  3. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

On hold.

4. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

Double check if your answers comply with our policies and let me know if they do.

5. Panda

Panda New Member

Edited the "How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat?" and "How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking?" to comply with the servers policies.

6. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

Accepted.

Refusinq and Panda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.