Finish the story.

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Duelx360, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

Hello there. I'm rather bored and had decided to play a game with you folks.
    So, uh... let's get down to business.

*cough* Hello lovely players, I'm your host Duelx360. Today we will be testing the full extent of the english language. Now how does this work? Well it's relatively simple. I start with a short paragraph at least 2-3 lines long, and you continue the story from where I ended. I bet my nickles that you folks played it before.

For example

Netolet says: Timothy walks out the door..(insert obligatory details)... shuffling about before finding a chocolate chip cookie

SleekSquid says: Upon glancing upon the cookie's magnificent face and very existence, his mind ceased to exist, imploding on itself before the birth of a new universe.

<So on and so forth>

Rules
    No single-worded replies. Those will be ignored! A minimum of two-three lines is required. More in the case of excess creative juices.

Now to start,

The hill pointed to the skies, tall and lonely. Like a hand grasping for the stars, the Earth longed for the touch of the twinkling lights, reaching, stretching but never to meet.

2. RedDeveloper

RedDeveloper Member

Then the stars fell and the world was no more. the end

Duelx360 likes this.
  3. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

The end? No! It couldnt be! Timothy couldn't believe it. After all the effort of hunting, scouring dusty yellow parchments long lost in time, this can't be the end! He won't accept it, he can't!

4. Null

Null Active Member

So he didn't! And he kept going until he found a 5 head lion and he tried to have him as a pet but the lion ate him.

5. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

However, such mere mortal wounds couldn't harm him. With a wave of his shiny wand and brushing of luscious hair, he whisked the lion away to another dimension.

6. BossE

BossE New Member

Sadly, our hero forgot that the spell affects area's instead of individual entities. Concluding in, Timothy and a part of the landscape, to travel to this dark dimension aswel!

7. RedDeveloper

RedDeveloper Member

And then he had a heart attack from stressful environments

8. Null

Null Active Member

Then he realised it was all a dream because he was really high on that spell he used earlier and he was actually on his house.

9. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

Then he... no. The narrator stared puzzled at his screen as he searched his thoughts. The stories shouldnt keep starting with a "then" or any repeated words for the matter, it's boring and bland, writing is all about excitement and expression! Now how shall it go.. ah yes, clearing his throat and speaking in a clear baritone voice, he said "Long ago, in a land far far away..."

10. BossE

BossE New Member

"...Where little hydra's ruled over the humans". Charlie, a young strong human boy found a dead hydra while walking to the woods. He stared at the lifeless little creature when suddenly...

11. RedDeveloper

RedDeveloper Member

He died for unknown reasons

12. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

..." exclaimed the young child, with legs crossed, sitting on the carpeted floor. "Very creative Timmy but the journey doesn't end there" said the narrator. Clearing his throat and continuing with the story, he said: " Charlie stared at the lifeless creature and suddenly felt a huge wave of remorse and sadness. The creature had died alone with no family or kin, a pitiful end for something so majestic. Slowly, the hydra crumbled to dust before his very eyes, leaving behind a small shiny gem which sparkled like crimson blood."

13. RedDeveloper

RedDeveloper Member

And so the boy got rich, And lived a life of wealth. Until he disappeared not long ago, Not to be found for centuries.

14. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

"Dear Timmy, at least try to make the story more linear! Don't end on such a difficult prompt." complained the narrator. Addressing the little delinquent the narrator said "Now how about we try again? You finish the story for me, ready? As the jewel gleamed under the sunlight, a question popped into his mind. What shall he do with it?"

15. Null

Null Active Member

Sell it in the black market.

16. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

....." a thought that bubbled to the surface almost instantly. However, his conscience prevented such a hasty and disrespectful decision. Taking a step towards the high snow capped mountains, he decided to journey to the Hydra's nestles. With feet crunching against dry grass, jewel in hand, he started his adventure.

17. Raze

Raze New Member

That was until he realized the jewel was just a fake plastic ripoff, which he then proceeded to throw in a river.

#17 Raze, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  18. RedDeveloper

RedDeveloper Member

And so he threw it into the raging rapids, Although not long later a thought surfaced. Why not....

19. Null

Null Active Member

Then it got found by some Chinese guys who were at the river and they sold it on their ripoff's shop.

20. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

Hello! Thank you all for your replies, but I'm going to stop prodding or continuing the story. Reading *cough* SOME *cough* of the replies were just cringe-inducing and simply not fun. SOME writers aren't continuing the story smoothely like Nu.... never mind. I leave this thread in your hands, surprise me

Duelx360.