Duelx360's Staff Application!

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Duelx360, May 14, 2017.

1. Duelx360

Duelx360 Member

In Game Name: Duelx360

In Game Rank: As of the 14th Of May, A regular member/player

Timezone: UTC+08:00

Do you have Skype?: Yes, I do have skype, however I won't use it for contacting people other than peeps in real life. Do contact me through discord instead if you'd like to speak to me in-person!

What times are you active? Roughly late in the evening from 8pm-10pm, which would be morning for majority of the community.

What languages do you speak? My first language would be English, while my second and third language would be Mandarin and Malay respectively.

How long have you been playing minecraft? I've started since patch note 1.2.5, quite awhile back.

Have you ever been banned or temp banned? No, I'm a good boy.

Do you have any previous moderation experience? If so explain:
    My experience only branches out to being a Helper on a variety of servers, interacting with the community and referring them to higher ranking staff members should there be a problem out of my league/field. I've never been a Moderator, and would be humbled if you think I'm qualified for it.

How many hours do you play per day? I will usually be online in the evening, averaging out to an hour or two. From May to June, I'll be relatively inactive due to a heavy workload.

Which server are you most active on? I'm mostly active on the WildRealms server. Although I occasionally visit the Skyblock server.

How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat? I'd deal with it professionally, asking what the problem is; solving it to the best of my abilities. In the case that I am unsure/unable to help the user, I'd contact other staff members for help or advice, or to assist me by taking over the situation. However if it devolves to him/her spamming the chat continuously, I'd refer to the Punishment and Repercussions provided by Excalibur accordingly.

Are you able to record your screen? Sure, screensharing is also another option

How many times have you applied before? I've applied once, when I first joined the server

Why should you be staff here at MC256? I am able to communicate over several language barriers, and posses a positive/social attitude towards most things. I enjoy interacting with players and people around the globe and find great joy in meeting new people; I feel this would show when I'm helping the community, giving players a more relaxing and enjoyable experience.

How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking?
    Well firstly, I'll give warnings to the user to ensure that he/she is aware that it is against the rules, or in the case of glitch exploitation, I'd make sure that the user isn't just collecting evidence to submit on the forums. If this isn't the case, I'd record it and submit a report on the forums for higher ranking staff to see and determine whether the user would be banned/warned. With higher permissions granted, I'd take additional steps in removing the user, following the Punishments and Repercussions accordingly.

Anything else we should know? I loved the previous DnT server and was rather disappointed it got taken down. Being a staff an avid player back then, it's good to see it get revitalized albeit as a unique vanilla one. The server have grown immensely in a short time span, and I'd like to help out in managing the growing community. Regardless of your decision, I'm happy to see it doing well and would support it nonetheless.

Edited: Added in details I felt were necessary and corrected certain grammatical errors

#1 Duelx360, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Null, IKnow and CaptainSparrow like this.
  2. IKnow

IKnow Member

Great example of an application of someone who knows what they're talking about. Good luck with your application.

3. 1K2C3M

1K2C3M Member

4. IExcalibur

IExcalibur Moderator
    Staff Member