Boss_Eagle's Staff application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by BossE, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BossE

BossE New Member

In Game Name:
    Boss_Eagle

In Game Rank:
    Player

Timezone:
    UTC+1

Do you have Skype?
    Yes, Bfreak244

Twitter Account:
    -

What times are you active?
    The classes I take can vary a lot, on an average midweek: 3-4 hours a day
    On weekends: 0-6 hours a day

What languages do you speak?
    Native language: Dutch
    Secundairy language: English

How long have you been playing minecraft?
    Since early Beta (~6 years)

Have you ever been banned or temp banned?
    Nowhere even close.

Do you have any previous moderation experience? If so explain:
    I have modded on a couple of servers around 2 years ago. After that I quit minecraft for a while because of personal reasons. Once returned about 4 months ago I restarted playing and have been helping multiple servers with either suggestions and/or development.
    Besides moderation on minecraft, I used to be an administrator on various community/streaming anime sites for about 4 years. These included forums and live chat moderation.

Which server are you most active on?
    Right now, that would be: mc256.net's Skyblock

How many hours do you play per day?
    On average 4 hours

How would you deal with a younger user complaining in chat?
    This highly depends on the situation. Assuming development takes place at a normal speed and there are no other players are complaining about certain features except for the younger user, I'd try to explain the situation as simple as possible.
    If the complaints are caused by another user, I'd have to check for both of the players to see what the problem is and if maybe the other user is of young age aswel.
    If the user swears excessively he will get a warning.
    If the complaints are just minor things or meant as a joke, depending on the subject I might not reply directly to it or reply with a humorous comment.

Are you able to record your screen?
    I currently don't have specific software for it, but I can with the features on skype. If needed I could download the necessary/recommended recording software.

How many times have you applied before?
    On this server: none
    In general: 5 times

When did you last apply?
    over 2 years ago.

Why should you be staff here at MC256?
    Besides having a general interest in development, I see potential in the server. I'd like to be part of the team to increase the player count and satisfy them with the possible options at that moment. I am not to familiar with coding and the plugins outside if minecraft. But I know a fair amount about the commands in-game and am willing to read up to them to understand all features of them.
    Besides writing this application as formal as possible, I would say I am a nice guy to get along with. I will not take everything too seriously, but will be at the moments when working on something or when needed in front of certain individuals.

Even though this is the staff application, I can make some decent structures in game without third party software. Meaning I could build smaller structures like houses, interior and such at the spot.

How would you handle a situation where a user is cheating or hacking?
    For clarification I'll use the word Cheater for: People who use bugs, loopholes or exploits in game to their advantage within the time needed to fix it. Or when using them without reporting them on the forums or directly to staff members. As for Hackers: people who use modified minecraft clients to have an unfair advantage over other players or to do actual harm to the server itself.

A new member who is cheating to gain certain items or money will be warned and depending on the quantity of the obtained items, the items will be removed. Might the user decide to ignore a clear understood warning they should be punished with either in-game privileges being taken away or a ban for a short period of time. If the other staffmember decide that the warning wasn't clear enough or if the user didn't seem to reply or understand. A second warning may be given. Before further action.
    If a regular member is cheating after several weeks on the server, he or she should in my opinion know better. Normaly everyone deserves the same chances but if a regular decides to cheat while already knowing the consequences, the same actions might apply directly to the player without a clear warning.

Hackers who try to harm the server will be IP banned directly. This might not help with certain people but to prevent further damages this would be the best option. Hackers who use .autotool .autoarmor .autofish etcetera, to have an unfair advantage, will get a warning and are asked to remove the client when playing on mc256. The same measurements apply when this user decides to continue to use his client.

Anything else we should know?
    I did check for spelling mistakes. But again, English is not my primary language so some mistakes might be made. My apologizes.

-Boss_Eagle

#1 BossE, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    1K2C3M, Null, Bate71 and 1 other person like this.
  2. 1K2C3M

1K2C3M Member

Very good application!
    +1

3. Classpath

Classpath Member

I don't like voting on applications but. Great application, shows the values of a good staff member in game and on the forums.

+1

4. BossE

BossE New Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the nice feedback!

Jeroen likes this.
  5. N1KN41Z

N1KN41Z Administrator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.